Saturday, August 27, 2011

Regarding Coaching Classes

Lot of Institutions in Bangalore are meant specially for the IAS and KAS exams.You can find them throughout bangalore Specially in Vijaynagar which is called hub of competetive exams.
But I would like to advise you all that Most of the institutions just make Huge success claims which is False and your Hard earned money should not be wasted for such things.

If you are very serious about the exam then I suggest you to make thorough enquiry about the institution you are willing to join. You will get better information over internet than those institutions, its my personal experience. I do not like to mention the name of the instituion here, you can find the reviews for the same in lot of sites.

If you work hard little more you YOURSELF can gain better knowledge than that offered by the coaching institutes.

I had been in touch with quite a lot of people who went for coaching ( institues which claim great success in results) But we have realised they are not up to the mark.
But definitely you will have some advantages like:
-> You will get like minded people and serious candidates
-> you will be somehow in touch of the subjects whether study at home or not...
-> some basic idea of the exam and what books to read and other minor things.
Disadvantages:
-> You might get influenced by the trainer's dialogues: as some claim that if you are reading this notes 3 times is sufficient for clearing the exam... this doesnt make sense.
-> You may loose your own opinion of choosing an optional.
Be careful if you want success listen to your heart first, because it is you who has to read and understand and write in exam.
Dont get inspired by others who Show you general statistics saying this optional has been scoring... since scoring in any subject is possible if you have developed good writing skills :) only 10% accounts for choosing a subject, rest needs your effort.

20 comments:

manoj said...

Hi...i need to ask you about the institutes..you have very rightly mentioned about the institutes..can i get your mail id...?so that i can clear my doubts reagrding a particular institute...it would be of great help if u share ur experience as its my first step towards civil exams n i don't want to take any wrong one..

Ashwini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey, here is mine.. I'd need study materail only as i am posted in Mangalore.. But either ways help is welcome.. prav.mn@gmail.com

roopa said...

sir please mention the mail id , i need to clarify my doubts ,,,,

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashwini,

Please provide me with your mail id as I need suggestions on the institutions. My mail id supriya.prabhakar@gmail.com

Thanks.

Unknown said...

Hi Ashwini ,

i have taken Criminology as one of my optional can you please suggest me some good books or institutes were criminology is taught what about this Dhruvathre IAS academy?

Anonymous said...

Ananad said...

Mine is anandmlp15@gmail.com.... plz suggest me one gud center for KAS for weekend batch... I am joining next weekend, so your suggestion will be helpful...

Anonymous said...

dear ashwini,

I am planning to take up commerce and accounts as one of the subjects..i was just wondering weather they xallow calculator in the examination. and not for the mains but is it usefule for GS/prelims studies.
mithun

Ashwini said...

Please check If the Combination Commerce and Economics subjects are allowed or not, since am not sure. also Check the previous year question paper and read instructions.

Anonymous said...

They have not mentioned anything relating to calculators in question paper...and commerce and economics are allowed. is it advisable combination?
Mithun

Ashwini said...

1.If the calculators are required then they will provide an option, otherwise if it can be done manually then they may not allow it. If its not not mentioned in Question paper instructions U may not need calculator at all.
2.If you are comfortable with the subjects u've chosen then its good. It will help you fetch good marks if you are interested and able to present yourself with confidence in the subjects, its always advisable.

deepika said...

thanks for the above sugestions, pl gives some good tips for the people who are married and haing baby . . .this is my first attempt and how to study for prelims list some of the books that i can buy and study at home. .

Ashwini said...

@deepika,

Please check various posts on the blog, you will get an idea.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashwini,

Its my first attempt, I want your basic prepration guidance. so it will be great and helpfull if u text me ur mail id.

Email Id: hksantosh10@gmail.com.

I have gone throuh your blog it was very well organised and included alot of information.

Thank you,
santosh

Unknown said...

hi mam, now i am in 3rd year be.I have lot of confusion regarding KAS exams.Many of my well wishers trying to drop my KAS aspiration.especially from my family members because main reason is money and influence play a main role in selection. is it true.. please guide me to clear my confusion.please..

Ashwini said...

@ pavithra kumari,

I know Pavithra, same thing happened to me and not just two of us, many would have faced same. But Do you think Every one joining KAS is paying or is able to pay or has influence??? ...there are people who have passed without Money or influence. So If this is your dream then Convince Only ur parents that you will Clear without Influence and money. And Ignore the Relatives , They will talk even if you pass without all this, and they wont stop discouraging even if you choose any other profession ...they are meant for that. Listen to what your self Peacefully and make a decision.

Unknown said...

thank you so much...

anonyms said...

Hello , iam an aspirant for kas , i need guidance to do kas or ias as people say, prepare for ias then if if not selected in that then always stand a chance in clearing kas for sure, is this true ? though the portions are more or like the same . my email id : aiyappa31@gmail.com
please suggest reliable kas or ias institutes in Bangalore.

Anonymous said...

hello mam...please tel me how to select subjects and which 2 subjects to select in KAS...how to start preparation...is kannada compulsary???